Sunday, April 5, 2009

Out of adversity...

I remember last night, the things you said
The silent tears you cried in bed 
And there with me, your pain you shared 
Faith hung on by just a thread   

I knew not what to say or do 
I remember last night, I cried with you 
And there we lay, I cried with you
And there we lay… …Déjà vu   

I won’t repeat those words you spoke 
I won’t betray – I’d rather choke 
I remember last night, the night I broke 
The night of things we can’t revoke   

Maybe life is best unfair 
And from its ache we learn to care 
Maybe hearts bond in despair 
I remember last night, for I was there

“Out of adversity, valor is born


Akin Ogunsola 
April 2009


8 comments:

  1. damn damn damn...so much emotion its crazy. I especially love the last line, 'out of adversity...'seems like there's going to be a part 2 :)

    It'd be nice though if you could sometimes discuss your frame of mind when writing, well unless your mind's empty lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your play with words...u are really good...always admired your style anyway

    as for the poem...it's emotional...makes me wonder what could she have possibly talked about that is so hurting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the poem. there's something about it I dont understand though. Last night, were u the cause or co-bearer of her pain?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm Jayaugg I know who u are...thanks alot. Hmm, that's an interesting question and I didn't read it like that. I would say both though, because from previous posts the poet seems fond of ambiguity. I may be wrong though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! The subtle display of strong emotion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good point Jay... I was there cuz I shared it. But hey, I'm sure I've been the cause on a few other nights... but not this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the subtle rhyming, not over the top.

    I really wonder about the context of what happened that night! And the quote about adversity, I've not seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post. love d poem and identify with it.
    pls do u smth know about haiku?

    ReplyDelete