Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Harvest

Slowly I stir from cold dark sleep

Beats in my chest, life yet in me
Darkness fades but sorrow proves
Tears still fall beneath closed lids

Wisdom offered ‘s a waste of time
When have words ever wet a thirst?
Persist you might to bring me cheer
What good’s a cup of tea in hell

My old friend time keeps marching on
Helping old smiles fade to scars
The worldly realm is now awake
Hollow eyes still wish for stars

What’s wrong you ask? I cannot say
Why do you cry? I’m not okay
You need to talk; Can’t talk today…
I’ll protect you! Just go away

The morning sun stares at my face
Warming me to flirt with hope
To flirt with thoughts of brand new days
No broken dreams; No pointless pain

Heavy lids part for the morn
Damn the sun, it always wins
Here we go, One day in hand
Lets plant new lies, and reap old truths

Akin Ogunsola | November 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment